Monday, June 26, 2006

Gay Pride! And my sort of job.

I went out Tues night to watch the Mavs playoff game. Court and I went over to this kid Reid's apartment, who had a bunch of Dallas people over. It was fun, but nothing special--I just went to meet potential cute boys but was slightly disappointed. They were fun though.

Thursday was kind of lame. Me, Court, Sheri and Merna went out in the 50's where we like to hang out for happy hour. We each had a drink and stood around waiting for some victims. One guy came up and blah blah his friends came over and we each talked to one, as usual. The kid I was talking to was OK but kind of short. Stupid boys, just b/c I am short does not mean I like mini-me's! Merna and I get in a four way convo with 2 of the guys, and notice that Court and Sheri have managed to get drinks from their guys. We had been standing there with empty drinks for a while. My guy even went to the bar once and didn't offer. Mern, being the trooper she is, made a final, desperate attempt after we had been waiting (aka talking to them) for about 15 minutes. "Where is Sheri?" she asked me. "Oh...at the BAR!" I say, eyeing her with the guys' friend. The guys are like, "You should go!" I wanted to be like, "You should pay!" But instead, Mern and I made up some lame excuse and went upstairs, drinkless. Upstairs we somehow start talking to some old guys and I think it's in the bag. But to no avail. After learning one guy was married, we went up yet another level to the actual roof deck and bought ourselves another drink. Defeat! Sheri comes up and informs us that she told the 2 original guys that the reason we ditched them is because they didn't buy us drinks. At first I was glad she told them, just so they'd know. The 2 guys--let's call them Douche and Bag, or D&B--are now on the roof deck staring us down. We ignore. We start talking about how they are losers and somehow these 2 other guys get involved in our conversation. We actually told them how we ditched the guys b/c we had talked to them for 15 minutes and got no drinks, and how our friends had drinks from their friends. Don't ask me how or why, but these 2 bought us drinks. So we hung out with them. This fact did not stop D&B from coming over and saying, "thanks for coming back downstairs..." And then they moved next to us at the bar. And stared. Then they came up to us AGAIN and asked why we were hanging out with "those TURDS." I kid you not. D&B are lame. And the "turds" were normal guys, nothing special, but we had drinks so we talked to them until they left. We figured our luck was about out at this point and went to the bar across the street to escape D&B and try and find more victims, but it smelled like a frat house and I think everyone was too wasted to buy anything for anyone. At this point I had only had 3 beers over about 2 hours, but for some reason I let Merna (who was drunker due to drinking wine and lack of tolerence) talk me into a sausage, egg and cheese crossianwich from Dunkin Donuts. If you haven't had one of these, go get one. Now. They are fucking awesome. Ziggiz still wins, but not everyone lives close enough to be blessed with Ziggiz.

Friday night Court, Becky, Mikey and I met Missy at her roomate's b-day party at Barna. The place is really fun, and I see a cute boy immediately and go up to him. This was probably due to the liquid courage I had consumed while pre-partying. I lose him for a while, drink a R&DCw/L and then a beer...and magically, Pretty Boy appears again! We talk for a while and I notice that PB is a little toooo pretty. And though the bar is loud and I can't really hear him, I am pretty sure he sounds kind of gay. I keep trying to hear what he is saying, but then he buys me another beer and instead I just end up nodding and giggling a lot. At this point some good song came on and we ended up on the makeshift dance floor. PB TOTALLY danced like a gay guy! I was sure at this point that he was gay...but then he started to make out with me. He was pretty so I let him, but I still thought he was gay. He then tells me he is leaving and that I should come over later b/c they are having an after party. We exchange #s and I now have someone named "Gay" in my phone.

Connor, who was a Sig Ep at UT, had been texting me all night, and being lonely without PB (or, "Gay") I decided to go meet up since I was a few blocks from the club Connor and Zach (another UT kid) were at. When I get there, they are doing shots...I had one but then got a beer. So I am still technically following the rule. After this I am in dance party mode and I dance the rest of the night until 4am. Then I went over to the boys' apartment and danced with a random roomate--and alone. After a while the boys started punching holes in the wall so I decided it was time to leave. I got home around 6am. Nicely done, if I do say so myself.

Saturday night Court, Becky, Merna, Sheri and I went to dinner at a Sri Lanken restaurant which is BYOB. Similar to Milon, our Indian place. The food wasn't as good to me, but it was still OK, and we each had an entire bottle of wine. So I was feeling nice when we went to a party for a girl Sheri works with at Central bar. We send the drunkest person (Merna) over to talk to some guys, and actually ended up getting drinks easily. Again, I am talking to some guy who seemed OK, but as soon as he started dancing...I got the gay vibe. I certainly don't think all boys who can dance well are gay. It's the WAY this guy danced. And it wasn't fun gay guy dancing like I do with my actual gay friends--it was tard gay dancing...I had to stop him from doing some weird arm moves at some point. Of course, I need to take into consideration that when people see me start to sway or backbend they could easily mistake me for a mentally challenged girl who has weird muscle spasms she can't control. Anyway, at this point I realize we are stuck with Gay2 and his friends if we stay here, and we had about 5 minutes to get to Aer (a club) before we had to pay. I make everyone book it to Aer where we barely get in at like 1:05 for free.

As soon as we are in Aer, Sheri goes to the bathroom and shows back up with ETY! Ety, who I used to drunk make out with last summer...who is really really annoying...so I stopped taking his calls sometime after New Year's. So I play nice and he keeps trying to dance with me, but I strategically make it where we are dancing in a big group. He informs us he is heading to his table where we should find him, and the proceeds to literally grab me and kiss me on the lips multiple times. Good thing I was drunk and not caring, b/c sober I would have been very annoyed. We then get into the VIP section by making up some fake birthday party (thanks, Drunk Sheri) and run into Derek! He was there with Mary Margaret, a girl who was friends with Jenna and other people we know. Then Courtney and I see Reid, whose apartment we were at Tues night. This is all totally random. We then meet some totally random guys and drink off their table, dance, etc. I remember at some point Sheri knocking me into some guy's lap and then leaning over me and spilling her drink on my head. Again, I didn't care. Later on, Court did what she did last weekend and lures me home with the prospect of Ziggiz. We pigged out again. Really, I need to take their number out of my cell phone. Really.

Sunday Court and I went to a barbeque at this guy's apartment to watch the Gay Pride Parade. I looked for my two mystery men from the weekend, but since they are not yet out of the closet, I don't think they attended. I felt it was an appropriate end to the weekend. The parade was huge, and awesome--kind of like the drag queens in it. I also think it is really cool that NY's candidate for Attorney General is gay. And he has a hot boyfriend. Maybe when they break up, his hot boyfriend will hit on me at a bar and we can make out. At this point I would not be surprised.

Jobness
Quick recap of my quest for a job. There is this stylist/personal shopper lady who needs help part time during the summer since she has a full time assistant presently. Her assistant is becoming part time in Aug or Sept and she will then be able to hire a full time assistant. She was very non-commital with me when I went to see her last week and told me to come in this week and work, and we would see how things went. She noted that if a full time position did come of this, there would be no health insurance. My mom told me to find a real job. After going in for a day, I see that it is a very laid back environment (come in at 10, leave at 6 but she seems lenient about that) and that the job consists of shopping and running errands, along with some admin work such as keeping track of clothing, receipts, etc. in Excel. Easy enough. Now I hate sitting at a desk all day, which in this case is good; but basically at this job you are someone's assistant and get to do nothing on your own...especially at first. The good things are the hours and the fact that she takes a huge chunk of summer off every year, which would be nice. Bad things...mostly the fact that you can't meet anyone--except the occasional 30-60 year old socialite--since its practically just the stylist and a few part timers; and the insurance thing. Also my mom pointed out that running lots of errands in the winter/snow will not be v. fun.

Normally I would not be debating this much, b/c being a stylist's assistant is pretty cool. However, I had a second interview at a PR firm and got another call back after that asking for references and my salary requirements. They promote mostly alcohol--which would lead to some fun parties. There is also some travel (international, even) after a while, which could be fun, if I am with fun people. Assuming they'd pay OK, I would probably take the job if offered it. The good things are the opposite of the other job: meeting more people, getting more responsibility, and health insurance. The bad things are the hours (9-6 but they often stay late) and the fact that I would be mostly behind a desk all day.

I have no idea what will happen. I am going to work at the stylist's this week and see how it goes. I do not, however, want to lead her on if I am not going to stay, so I hope to hear something from the PR place soon. I feel bad learning all this stuff from her and knowing I might not stay if I get the chance. I am in a dillemma, kids. I will let ya'll know IF I even get any offers. Gotta go to bed...waking up early to go to work (sort of)! Gasp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home