Thursday, July 06, 2006

4th of July week/weekend/etc

Job News/Dallas soon
First of all--I did get offered the PR job promoting alcohol. I talked to the stylist and told her I prefer to try the PR job out over the summer while she is off (she is in the Hamptons the whole time and if I worked over the summer I would literally be organizing and filing--no shopping or styling anyway). She was totally supportive, she said she thinks it is best I try that and then if I like it, it was meant to be...and if not I can talk to her in Aug about full timing. The PR job pays OK, but the whole package is nice--full health starting immediatley, they pay for classes (wine tasting, for example; but I will prob lame out and do writing classes--or both if they're in budget), and among other boring things like a 401k which they match, the company takes a trip for "inspiration" each year. This year it is in November and to Rome. Um, free? OK! Maybe I will like Rome better this time when it is not so hot...Court thinks that is a lot of why we weren't so fond, but I don't really remember. Anyway, so I told them I would start July 11, the Tues after I get back from Dallas. I know myself and Mon is going to be detox day.

Why am I going to Dallas this weekend? No reason. Mostly b/c I was bored and jobless and planned random trips on my credit card. Also Sam had been bugging me to come all summer, and lots of my other friends live there, like Emily and Marcia. I am uber excited!

The stylist thing has not been exciting since the season is over but I was right about the laid back part, and the running around part. It is; and there is a lot of it. Anyway, it is basically my backup plan if I hate the PR thing/I have to work late a lot. Working late is a pet peeve of mine. I know I have no right to say this since I am 23 and have to "pay my dues," but frankly I don't care. If I wanted to pay dues I would be in law school or working at a job that wasn't fun. Anyway, onto the good stuff.

Wednesday turned Wasted
Wed night there was a Texas Exes event in the bar downstairs, so we HAD to go. Court, her friend Liz, Mikey and I went. My bartender (BB) was not working but we met a new one upstairs and we got two free shots. Jager and something else. I also had like 3 beers, so when Liz said her sister's husband's second cousin (I kid you not) was at Le Souk, this bar with a dance floorish area in the LES, I was ready to party. We went and met Josh, the cousin, and his friend Mike. Both were OK cute. They paid for our beer so they scored some points straight away. We danced, Mike and I talked a lot and somehow the fact that Court and I had nothing to do on the upcoming weekend before the 4th came up. He mentioned they were going to a lake and that we should come. I said OK. This was drunken conversation, though. Around 1 or so Court and I bailed b/c of work. Laaaaaaaaaame.

Lame 2 nights
Thurs no one was going out b/c Sheri and Merna were going to Texas, and Court and I were still a little hungover from Wed I think. I managed to gym it late night then watched So You Think You Can Dance, yet another gay show I watch b/c it's DVR'd. It is also addicting.

Friday while at work Mike texted asking if we are serious about the lake b/c they were figuring rides out. Court and I have nothing better to do and decide to go for it. Mike tells us to meet them at Penn Station at 8am Sat. The plan is to take a bus an hour north then getting in some chick's parents SUV. This puts a damper on plans to get belligerant Friday, but we decide to go out for a bit. However, while getting ready to go out it starts to pour. We decide that yet again the drinking gods are against us and stay in. I made major headway on the DaVinci code. I have to become cooler.

Lake George
Somehow we meet Josh, Mike and Amy (their friend) at Penn Station at 8am. We bus it for an hour and we were so THOSE people on the bus. Everyone else was old or foreign and was on the bus to go to the outlet malls in Woodbury Commons...where Amy is from. We are loud, annoying and exchanging drinking stories for an hour. We got the car as planned and started off on what I thought was a 4 hour drive. We were stuck in traffic for about two hours so the drive was at least 5 hours--however, 20 questions helped pass the time. Playing these types of games with strangers is fun, b/c no one knows how/what the other people are thinking. Court knew what I was thinking every time. Boo. Anyway, when we finally get to the lake house there are only like 7 people there. We chill for a bit, more people come, boys start to grill, we start to drink.

On a side note, we notice that most of the guys there were huge nerds. The two we came with were pretty much the most normal, give or take a few others. It was an odd mix of people. We were in no state to complain, but many a look was exchanged between us. Some of these people could have been straight from some weird nerd movie. It was disturbing. Back to the party...

There are like 4 bottles of vodka in the freezer, and 3 girls made drinks out of one of the bottles right before Court and I made ours. I took the bottle, which had been suppossedly used for three drinks, and was confused. Said bottle only had the neck part and a little more missing. This is like one, one and a half's drink worth. I decide the girls are lame and Court and I make normal, mostly vodka drinks. We had not eaten. We finally eat some burgers and whatnot, and keep drinking. It is daylight when we are drunkenly taking out the camera. Other people are not drunk.

When it becomes dark, the nerds were finally acting fun. Some of the girls were actually pretty normal and we made s'mores with them and took more pictures. I wanted to play flip cup on a WOOD table OUTSIDE but the uber anal owner of the house said no--he didn't want to mess up the wood. This was not nice wood. This was literally made from some tree on the lake. Kid was like OCD about cleanliness (at a lakehouse party with 27 people, mind you) and even more so about being in control of everything. Not cool when you are drinking. Stupid nerds. It was irritating--but again, I was nice and good and calm. Finally some of the girls were playing "I Never" inside, so I joined. Court was too drunk to function in the game. I had switched to beer. Pat on back. Anyway, the game was fun, and even funnier b/c there were really nerdy girls saying some weird shit. One girl (who seemed normal b/c we had done at a lot of the same things during the game) said she would have a dance party with us. However, as soon as her ass hit the couch when we went to the living room, she was done. Court wanted to have a dance party with just us two, I think, but for some reason we didn't...I don't really remember. Later I know I found Amy (driver girl) on the steps trying to puke. I was walking with her to the woods so she could puke there, when she decides she wants to sleep. In the yard. She lays down. I am trying to get her up when Mike comes out and helps me put her to bed. Somehow Mike and I then end up making out in the hammock and then out by the dock. I remember feeling really drunk/dizzy on the docks while making out. I literally got the spins and had to go back inside. I then spun all over the dark house and tripped over people on the floor. Getting the spins is not fun when you have to walk. Luckily I managed to pass out on a blowup mattress, no harm done.

Sun it was cloudy so we hung out on the couches inside until it got sunny. I read DaVinci code. I was in the company of many other nerds who were reading. I felt at home. (I guess I can do the nerd thing if I am not trying to party.) I almost finished it...but as soon as the first ray of sunlight showed itself, I was done being a nerd. I am like a weird opposite warewolf. Except I turn into a drunk. I immediately went out on the boat with Josh, this guy Norm (who despite his name is actually a cool/normal guy) and his girlfriend Rhea, who I really like. She was cute and nice and fun. Some other nerdy guy came too. (Court stayed behind, she had a headache.) The sun was out the whole time and we were gone much longer than we planned. We swam, I laid out on the tube in the water, Josh tubed, we drank...it was awesome. Yay boats! We went back to the house where I laid out some more, then we all ate dinner--burgers, again. I was not complaining, they were amazing. Fuck calories. After I showered, it was time to hit the road. Court had work Monday so we were heading back with like, the nerdiest couple ever. And some other nerdish girl. Not as fun of a car ride as the first time, as you may have guessed. No fun drinking stories were shared, but since there was no traffic it went by faster. Also I slept a little. Got home around 1:30am.

Was the traveling worth it? Yea, we had nothing else to do.

Mon and Tues (The 4th)
Mon I didn't have to work, so slept in, ran errands, worked out, got a facial, then when Court got home around 5 we went to the mall in Queens. She hates shopping in Manhattan b/c of the crowds, and I am not gunna lie--I like malls a lot. They are so convenient--and air conditioned. The mall was kind of ghetto, but OK, and we went to Target after--another thing that is not in Manhattan. By this time it was 9 something and we were starving so we ate at Outback, which was connected to Target. Class-y. Got back here at like 11 and I still had to shower. Needless to say we went out late...I lost a contact within 30 minutes of being out (which never happens, it was odd) and came back home to get a new one. I was going to meet back up with everyone but Court and Mikey came back here for some reason. I was glad to have someone to drunk--eer, buzz--eat with. I was good and had whole wheat bread and peabut butter. That is like, drunk eating healthy.

Tues no one had a plan, we decided to go to our default plan: eating Mexican food and drinking. Literally, I eat more Mexican food and drink more margaritas here than in TX, it's weird. Mikey, Court and I went to Dos Caminos and I got way too full. I had two ritas as well. We went to The Hairy Monk (sportsbar) b/c a bunch of people (boys) were there watching the Italy/Germany game. Mikey was bored and left. Court and I got beers. I could NOT physically get my beer to go down my throat. I was fuller than full. It was weird. Not wanting to waste my beer, I went to the bathroom and threw up. Yea, yea, I know. This is like the third time I have done this ever...don't get any ideas. I only WISH I could have an eating disorder. I don't have the self discipline. Anyway, I felt 100% better, and was also able to drink my beer. Mission accomplished. We wandered over to Park Ave Country Club, our fav sports watching place, and got R&DC's, since the beer proved too filling. The end of the game was awesome, even though I didn't care who won. Despite being a little drunk, we didn't really talk to anyone, so left after the game. Came home and napped.

I know what you are thinking, we slept through the night. I would think so too. I don't give myself enough credit. We woke up, got re-ready, and went to Mikey's new apartment in the LES to see the fireworks. There was a huge party on his roof deck, and you could see all three sets of fireworks. A few beers after the fireworks show (this is now how I tell time, hah) we were talking to Randoms. The guy I was talking to was like 30, not cute, but fucking hilarious. He was a stand up comedian (on the side) and was sarcastic and rude and we got along great. I even made HIM laugh. Anyway, we ended up in a few other random apartments in the building (Mikey was long gone) and again stayed out way too late for a work night. Oh well... I want to go see this comedian guy's show. We'll see.

Umm today work was boring, tomorrow it will prob be boring again, but I am getting my hair highlighted (finally) then Katey is going to be in town. Tomorrow night will be wasted since I took Friday off due to my 4-something-PM flight to Dallas. I should look up what time that is.

OK that is all, my hands hurt. I will edit type-os and spelling later, forgive me, I am tired. Night!

P.S. Yes I finished the DaVinci code so now I can see the movie. To up my nerd factor I will note that it's book #11 or 12 in the past few weeks. See how I can hang with the nerds? Just can't really drink with 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home