Monday, July 24, 2006

new job and out with randoms

So Tues I started my new job. I like it a lot so far, we are expanding a lot and are about to hire even more people, so that should be good. Right now I work with people who are mostly in their 20's, which is nice. Everyone seems friendly and stuff, blah blah. I found out that I will be traveling to 5 cities within about 6 months (Nov-May) for our main project. I will be in Dallas, Chicago, LA, Miami, and Vegas for about a weekend every three weeks starting in Nov. I also got to work at an event Thurs, which was a dinner/tasting for a new scotch which is 114 proof. Normal scotch is like 80. Absinth is like 150. So this shit was strong. I got to eat dinner (steak, yum) and try the scotch, but also had to work and hand out gift bags, etc. They said I could have a bottle but I haven't taken one yet...I don't know how many free bottles I will be getting...I will keep y'all posted. Hah.

So I was tired all week from the "working girl schedule" and was pretty boring until Friday. I also skipped the gym to nap, but then had energy to go out. Mikey, Court and I drank here with no concrete plan til about 1am, at which point Mikey decided he was staying in (he was getting up early to see some car race or something). Court and I decide just to go to McFaddens, the bar across the street. On our way out, we hear the neighbors being loud and decide to randomly knock on their door and introduce ourselves. We know they are young guys, but usually I see them when I am hungover and gross looking on Sat or Sun in the hall and ignore them. Because we all know that if you act like you don't see someone, they can't see you. Riiight. Anyway, the two guys who live in the apartment were there alone, staying in for the night. Using our charm and wit, we easily convinced them to come across the street with us. This was a good move on our part since they bought us a ton of jaeger shots and drinks. Somehow I get wasted. I am in the restroom looking in the mirror when I tell Court, "I see two of me!" She also said I was giggling at the Morgans. She told me to stop drinking, I conceded. See how I am getting to be a responsible drunk? After I either stopped seeing double or stopped caring, I went out on the "dancefloor," and danced with the first person around. There were fun fratastic songs playing for a while, but I realized I was dancing with a creepy ug--a Crug, if you will, and dashed away after a bit. I started talking to a group of guys who were all pretty cute, but Crug was still standing around behind me, staring in his crugly way. (God I love making up words.) Eventually I lost Crug and found the neighbors, who were NOT dancing around to fratty songs. One of them was belligerant though, and was literally using me to stand up. He was also trying to kiss me, but I refused because earlier he had told me he had a girlfriend. As we all know, I do not support cheating, but I also had other reasons why I didn't want to make out with him. Luckily, the bar was closing, so I didn't have to fend him off for long.

Outside of the bar there were a bunch of cops. The neighbor (who was not trying to kiss me) had shorts on under his pants--not even boxers, actual athletic SHORTS--which were hanging out above his pants. His pants, dissappointingly, were sagging a great deal. The cops somehow thought that this qualified him for indecent exposure and called him over. Though we tried to talk them out of it, they ended up writing the neighbor a ticket! WHAT THE FUCK?!!? We are in New York City and THAT is what they waste their time and money on? After that ordeal, we all decided it was time to call it a night. Boo cops!

Saturday it was rainy, which translates directly to lazy. Court and I sat around for hours and finally ventured out to see The Devil Wears Prada with Sheri. (It was cute, but the ending was different from the book.) That is literally all we did that day. That evening, we had about 4 plans brewing. Connor had called saying his roomate was having a party with bottles/tables. Albert wanted to meet up. Matt Albers, who plays for the Astros (and I barely know, but Jason had given him my #) was in town and wanted to go out. Adam was also going out for a friend's birthday. Etc, etc. Liz and Matt came over to pre-drink and around midnight most of these plans had fallen through. We ended up meeting Adam at Joshua Tree, which was uber crowded and difficult to even move around in. I am pretty sure I danced to a few 80's songs before I got Court's text saying she and Liz had left. Matt and I decided to leave to go meet up with them at Gaslight, which is in meatpacking near the Gansevoort Hotel. I am unclear on whether or not we even attempted to find Gaslight. I think I saw the Gansevoort and the line to get in and told Matt it was fun. He wanted to try to get in, and said something right to the bouncer because we got to cut the line. We were in the clubby part of O bar for a while, then moved to the bar part. Somewhere in here I switched to beer, but that did not prevent me from blacking out. Oops. I have no recollection of leaving the bar. I woke up in the Westin hotel in Times Square where all of the Astros were staying. I was in Matt's bed fully clothed, including my 4 inch stiletto sandals. Which I wore under the covers. Of course nothing happened between us, don't get any ideas. Anyway, I was still SO DRUNK and confused at like 8am when I initially woke up that I actually said, "Are you at my apartment?" Speaking must have triggered something in my brain to get it to halfway work, because then I realized I must be at a hotel. Hah. The bed was so comfy that I slept til 10, when Matt got up and had to get ready for the game. I felt bad for him, since I felt like shit and was still drunk, I am sure he felt the same. I somehow made it out of the hotel without running into any people in baseball uniforms, cabbed it back home and slept til 2pm.

Court and I shopped all day, I got 3 dresses. I am obsessed. We then ate a subpar dinner and got nutella crepes for dessert to make up for it. I wish I could be on a nutella crepe diet. I am in love with them. Becky came back from Pennsylvania today and we all watched Shopgirl together. I think it was the first time all three of us have hung out in like a month, we keep traveling so much. Adrienne comes in tomorrow for the night, because she is auditioning to be an MTV news reporter. We all know she is the queen of randomness! I doubt we go out, though. This week I am going to try and be good and work out. Jenna is then coming next weekend so I know it will be a wild one...

Well, that's it for me. Working girls need their rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home