Thursday, March 01, 2007

it's raining men

Hallelujah...

Anyway. So it's been a while. February was fun. We had a half day at work one day bc of the snow. Woo hoo! However, I am counting down til summer starts. I think it's like 17 weeks.

The first or second weekend me, Merna, Court, her friend Jesse from work and his friend went to 7B in the LES, where Mern and I proceeded to find randoms to buy us drinks. This led to them inviting us to a bar with them, and us ending up late nighting at their apartment in the West Village. When walking over we had sooort of coupled up, the guys were walking with their arms around us keeping us warm--whatever. When we got back, I was mingling with everyone (they were fun!) but Mern and one of them I guess wanted to shack, so we ended up staying. The guy who was keeping me warm on the walk over then kind of latched on to me, and I went to his bed to sleep--I was drunk and tired. He, of course, wanted to hook up, and when we got to the bed didn't waste time taking out his friend. I pretty much told him and his friend I was tired, and couldn't hook up - I gave him my # the next morning but I don't think he will call. I don't care, except they were a group of fun guys and a few of them were cute. But the group shacking reminded me of college...or my first summer here.

Andrea H. came in from Boston for the three day weekend and she, Mern and I went out Friday to The Hudson Hotel bar where I managed to meet some British guy who was cute in the older, hipster way. I neither like older nor hipster boys, but since he was British I guess that outweighed it, so I gave him my number. He was also definitely a bad boy, which helped him out.

That Sat Court and I went to a party for a girl at my work, then met Cesar out at The Delancey in the LES after. I immediately attached at the hip with his cute law intern, who is our age--not younger. (When I say intern people think I was hitting on a teenager.) We danced all night and when Cesar came back to shack with Court, Dan (intern) came along for the ride. When we got here, I told him he could sleep here (in my bed) but that I don't like to hook up with randoms. So he did, and we didn't, and in the morning we talked and hung out and it was all fine and dandy. I had to meet Mern and Andrea for brunch, so he left around 11. Again, gave him my # that morning.

Sunday night Court, Mern, Andrea and I went to a BYOB dinner, got wasted, and went to Cain for this kid's bday. After many a jager shot, I sort of blacked out but still managed to meet some guy and give him my #. I am at what, 4 now? I told you, it's raining men.

Update:
  • Guy #1 - The one with the "friend" - Did not call. His friend did not call my friend either. I guess they still could but... Their loss.
  • Guy #2 - British - Called, left message asking me out. Did not call him back.
  • Guy #3 - Cute intern shacker. Called. Had date with tonight. More on that later.
  • Guy #4 - Cain/met when wasted - Called. Had date with last week. Was too dorky, but v. nice and also my neighbor, so may try to be his friend, eventually...though we know that never works.

So...there ya go. Guy #3, Dan, is super cute and nice, we had a fun dinner - even without wine or anything. He is a law student from Pennsylvania but went to Tulane so I feel like he is very "normal". He's out of town this weekend so we are suppossed to hang out again next week. He mentioned a movie and "seeing his apartment," which obviously means he wants to hook up. I don't want to hook up with him until I really know if I like him - it's just too much damn effort if I don't, even if I am (and I am) sexually attracted to him. So we will see.

This past weekend I was in Nashville for a work thing - too, too, too much detail to explain but I may write about it for my class and post it later, it is a good topic but not for a blog about "drinking, going out and stuff," as my descripion reads. I got to drink with the master distiller for W.T. who is 72 and a badass. My work friend (who is my age) and I were the only ones from our company there and we basically just ate dinner and drank with clients and the master distiller all weekend, then drunk ordered MORE food from room service when we got home. It was kind of sick how much we consumed. We went to downtown Nashville at one point, it reminded me of Austin, and I think it would be a cool city to party in if I didn't have a crew of clients around. All in all, best work trip ever, since it involved little work.

This week we had a going away dinner for Merna, who is moving back to Austin. There isn't one real reason I can say, but I hope she is making the right decision. I am very sad, but I will be seeing her enough -- I think she and Sheri are coming to see me in Houston when I go in two weeks.

Foot update: Still hurting but went to podiatrist who gave me inserts to wear - I have flat feet which can cause pain if you walk a lot, as I do. I am wearing running shoes to work for now and when possible, I hope to be gymming next week...I feel not so great about it since it's been over a month.

I will try to update more but with all the writing I do for class...it is hard. I like the class SO far but my paper gets critiqued tomorrow so I may hate it after, if they like, make me cry or something. Please don't let me be that girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home