Saturday, December 09, 2006

should i give up?

Seriously, I have been too busy to write for so long. I am wondering if it is even worth it. I will quickly go over what's been going on:

-Sheri got engaged! Holden came up to NYC and surprised her the first weekend in November. Sadly, this means she moved back to Texas (today, actually) but I'm happy for her.

-The next weekend I went to Rome with work as a fun trip. All we did was eat, drink, and have a scavenger hunt. We went out one night and met Roman guys, who I gave my email address to but never heard from. I was thinking the emails would be funny and entertaining, similar to freshman and sophomore year of college when I met the Spanish guy in Spain and he would mail me letters and presents. Oh well.

-Went to Texas two days after getting back. It was Thanksgiving, I saw lots of my friends and had a fun time. I fell down the stairs while after-partying one night and woke up at my friend's apartment and saw a bag of frozen peas on his desk. This is what we used as an ice pack, apparently. That was the only night I even really drank, which was fine, I got to see a bunch of people and be productive the rest of the time.

-Went back to Texas the next weekend--to Dallas for a work event. It was FREEZING and like snowing there. It wasn't even cold here when we left on Thurs! I saw Samantha a lot--she, Nicole and I did dinner Friday night and managed to get ourselves free tequila shots and guacamole. I love being us! Then, after our work thing Sat, I went to dinner with work people and another agency we work with and got drunk. At like 9:45 when we were going back to the hotel bar to drink more, I switched to water because I didn't want to be wasted when Nicole and Sam came to get me. They came around 10:15 and we went straight to Ghost bar, where there were a lot of old people--like our parents age. We got our one standard free drink then proceeded to go to Suite, which I liked a lot better--it was a younger crowd with a dance floor. We managed to have a fun crazy time before going back to Samanthas and drunk eating a pizza, then putting another pizza in the oven and forgetting to turn the oven on. We were both blacked out during this, apparently, because neither of us remembers. We just found the evidence in the morning. I also took my contacts out and threw them away. This led to me being very confused when I woke up in the morning, unable to see, and Samantha was not in the bed. Haven't wondered where I was in a loooong time. It was a job well done, drinking wise. Sunday my work people left early but I was on a later flight, so a bunch of friends and I went to lunch. I then had an hour to shop at the mall before I had to go to the airport--I must say I did well for myself. I should be on a speed shopping show. If they had those.

That brings us to now. I am broke, due to said shopping, and tired from all the traveling. On top of everything, last night we had a giant party at our small ass apartment. The party was for Christmukkah and for Sheri's going away. It was a lot of fun. We had (besides alcohol and mixers, obviously) jello shots, food, decorations, and a Bon Voyage oreo cheesecake. We don't fuck around. I managed to get wasted and dance and do all the things I do until 4 something am. I am impressed with myself. Tonight there is another party at this guy's apartment; I will probably go despite my tiredness, only because it's my first weekend in the city in about a month--I miss going out here! I have next weekend as well, then will be flying BACK to Texas for Christmas, my birthday, and New Years. If you are going to be around, let me know...I have 10 days to do whatever. I think we are going to Austin for my bday, the Thurs-Fri after Xmas. New Years plans are still TBD but I have some options at this point--all I really care about is wearing my cute new dress out somewhere. And NOT accessorizing it with a big puffy down jacket like last year in NY. It will also be cheaper to do New Years in TX...it will be a nice change.

OK sorry that was lame and not detailed, but if you want to know more just ask me...I may be able to make time in my crazy schedule to give details.

1 Comments:

At 5:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't stop blogging! I love reading about your adventures!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home