Monday, October 02, 2006

Rachel's visit and mucho clubbing

I have been bad/lazy again. Sorry.

Last weekend...

Rachel was in town! Finally! Thursday I hung out with her while she got ready, but since I was still a little sick with a cold, I stayed in while she went out with our friends and then hung out after with them. Friday night Rachel, Court, Justin, Chris, Becky and I went to dinner in the West Village and went out to random bars around there. It was a calm night, but it was nice to actually be able to talk to Rachel/each other at the bars. Saturday I woke up feeling like ass. I couldn't move. I threw up 6 times. I think I started being able to hold food down around 7pm, but I skipped dinner with everyone since it was at 9. Around 9:30 I literally felt FINE. I think I just needed to get all the crap out of my system. I had eaten 6 saltines and a tiny bit of chicken--probably like 6 bites, and kept it all down! So I showered, drank 2 glasses of wine and got ready, because Rachel is not in town often and I wanted to see her. I even brought a rum/sprite in the cab with me to pre-party on the way to meet everyone in the LES. (Their dinner was BYOB so I didn't want to be too far behind.) We hung out at Darkroom for a while before heading over to Libation, the clubby place we like a lot. Rachel was having trouble getting drunk, so I tried to use my "skills" to get us a free shot from the bartender. But to no avail. Did I give up? No way Jose. We started talking to some random foreign guys who got us drinks and shots. (What is it with foreigners always buying us drinks?) Then Law School Boy came to meet up with us, so of course I told him to get Rachel a shot. When she took shots, I ended up getting one too, so I had had quite a few at this point. Of course this lead to dancing and a fun night. But--I have NO idea HOW I did not puke or black out, considering I had barely eaten. What can I say, I am a trooper.

This week for work we had a launch party for a new liqueur at a dive bar...I got too drunk and got told to leave...it ended up being fine b/c I was not the only one who got drunk--I wasn't even the most drunk. There is a long version to this story but I don't like putting details about work on here so if you want to know, ask. :)

This weekend...

Friday I was, of course, hungover at work. I sucked it up and made it to McFadden's for Mikey's birthday. We hung out there until the all you can drink deal ran out at midnight, then headed to the Gansevoort, where I am now sort of a regular. We hung out on the roof and met some creepers who bought us drinks. The guy I was talking to was old, but the guy Court was talking to was old, fat, and Mexican. Haha. However, he mentioned getting a table at Marquee the next night (in the hip hop room!) so we were nice. After the Gansevoort, we headed to Lotus to meet Justin, Brooke and Becky. I got way too drunk and left to get a Gatorade. I was in the street outside of Lotus drinking said Gatorade when I see Court, Becky and Justin in the street! Good thing I saw them, since they were leaving. We cabbed it home and ordered Ziggiz. After eating, Court and I passed out....

When I woke up at like 7am, I was laying with my head on Court's shoulder, curled up in a ball on our couch. She was also sitting up, leaning her head on the arm of the couch. I have no idea why I like to pass out ON people on our couch.

Saturday night Court, Merna, Sheri and I met the Mexican at Marquee. We mooched drinks from their table, danced with them, then wandered off. I don't recall the whole night but I know I was dancing around with some guy's tie for a while. At some point, I ended up back at the Mexican's table and one of them grabbed my ass a few times. I took this as my cue to leave. I randomly took a limo home and got out of paying by talking to the guy for the whole ride home. I guess I was in a talkative mood because I then called Jason, who was in Florida for work, and talked to him for 18 minutes. That is one long ass drunk dial. I am sure that it is a good thing that neither of us remembers what the hell was said, but I bet it would be funny if I could hear it today. Or highly inappropriate, knowing me.

Much shopping has occurred, as it is turning cooler fast and I need warm things. I can't justify the cost of my new jeans, but I will say they are super cute. I also got a new dress which you have all seen via myspace by now. Hah.

My mom, aunt and uncle are coming in on Friday, which will be fun. It will also be a good excuse to take a much needed weekend off from drunkenness. In all reality, I will still probably go out at least one night. But dinners and shows and shopping will be awesome...yay for visitors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home