Sunday, August 13, 2006

dancin up a storm

Last week I can't think of anything to report on. I had a half day at work Friday, which meant I left at 2, and shopped til I was hungry/tired, so then I ate and napped--and skipped the gym.

When I awoke from my hour and a half slumber, I decided to do an i-control workout--I opted for hip hop dance. It was taught by an Indian woman in huge MC-Hammer like pants. It was hilarious, but I had to turn it off because the movements became too fast for me. I then did yoga, which was the most horrible yoga workout I have ever done. It was also strange--it was an Asian guy in the middle of the desert doing yoga. Who comes UP with these weird workout videos? If you haven't checked them out, go to Free On Demand and look at some of them. You know, if you are bored or something.

Friday night Court, Justin, Becky and I went to dinner at this super-awesome BYOB French place called Ivo & Lulu's, which is in the West Village near the Soho border. The food was inexpensive and AMAZING. Literally everything we had was uber delish. We were there til almost 1am, then went to Libation in the lower east side. Libation is a mix of a club and a bar, but we were on the 2nd floor, which is more club-esque. We met up with this guy Court met at McFadden's a few weeks back. They were suppossed to have a dance-off. This guy danced a little differently to each song, and had endless energy. I tried to keep up with him but it was impossible. I think they said that the dance-off was a tie, but no one was really judging, being as we were all wasted. I also got way too drunk too fast and ended up leaving early because of it. I remember dancing was taking WAY too much effort. And maybe trying to keep up with dance-off boy was wearing me down fast.

Saturday Court, Becky, Justin and I wanted to get outside b/c it was beautiful. (Justin is staying with us for about another week--he got an apt but can't move in til then.) However, we didn't get out of the apt til late, and ended up laying out in Central Park from 4-5, meaning I got virtually no sun. I showered and then went to babysit from 7-11:30. After returning home, getting dressed and having a drink, Court and I went to meet Mike and Josh (the boys who we went to Lake George with) at Gaslight 2 in meatpacking. Mike, as usual, was being way too nice. I let it slide because this also included the buying of my drinks. I had a drink, a shot, then switched to beer. Yay! How responsible of me. We left Gaslight 2 and went to Home (a club) where more dancing commenced. Basically this meant me dancing with Mike, since he likes to act as if he is my super-way-too nice boyfriend. Seriously, he went to the bathroom with me when I went (so I didn't get lost?) and waited outside. Who does that? I did end up getting pretty drunk, being as he was shoving beer down my throat, and subsequently ended up making out with him on the dancefloor. C-l-a-s-s-y. I know this behavior is contradictory to how I feel. I know I should not do this. But drunk making out is fun. I just hope he doesn't try to get all weird and want to take me on a date or something.

Anyway, we danced til 4am. I am counting these nights-0-dance as workouts.

Sunday (today) Becky, Justin, Sheri and I made it to Bryant Park a little before 3 and got a few good sun rays in, though I don't think I got any more tan. Later, Court, Beck, Just and I went to see "Little Miss Sunshine," which was really cute. Parts of it were sad, but most of it was lighthearted and funny. At one point I laughed so hard I cried--which I love doing. Other highlights of the day include eating icecream twice. I go in for lyposuction tomorrow. I wish.

This week: Wed my work is taking the employees to a Yankees game. Everyone gets to take a date. Can you guess who mine is? Yea, my girlfriend, Courtney. They said they bought the more expensive seats so we can drink. I hope this makes it more fun, since I know nothing about baseball. Also this week, Law School Boy comes back from Europe. We have been talking on IM quite often while he was abroad, but I don't know how things will be in reality with him since I made it clear before he left that I am not his late night booty call... Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home