Sunday, September 17, 2006

fashion shows and other things

Two weekends ago nothing very exciting happened. Court, Sheri, Merna, Laura, Shelly and I went to Marquee Fri night b/c some guy Shelly knew had a table/bottles. We danced alot, saw Paris and Nicky Hilton, then I left early due to being very drunk. I met some guy that went to UT, who we met up with the next night at the UT alumni bar. We watched the UT/OSU game Saturday and drank lots of beer--it was fun, most people we knew were there. After the game, Court, Sheri, Merna, Laura and I debated about what to do next. Court was tired and went home; the rest of us went to Laura's apartment to get Mary Margaret (her roomate and another ex-Ut girl) and her boyfriend. Since they live in Murray Hill, we ended up at the ever-fratastic Joshua Tree. It was uber crowded, so we left after one drink...somehow it ended up being only Laura and I who wanted to continue going out. It was about 2am. Her friend was at Cain, but in order to go, I had to change. (I was in a blue jean skirt and a white tank top with an orange shrug.) I borrowed a black dress from Laura, but her shoes were too big for me...so I had to stay in my very casual wedge flip flops. Laura assured me "no one looks at your shoes," so we went to Cain. Long story short, her friend couldn't get us in. We decide to try Marquee, since we were in the area (and sometimes randomly get in easily) and when we got to the door, we asked if we could get in. The bouncer looks us up and down, points to my flip flops and was like, "Not in THOSE." Hahaha. How ironic. At this point Laura and I were just laughing, the night was just shot. We finally gave up.

Tuesday night I got to work at the Marchesa Fashion show because one of our champagnes was sponsoring the show. It was a lot of fun, I saw a few celebs (see my webshots to see who). Basically, we set up, hung out and drank. I had a lot of champagne, but remained sober enough to be able to take the leftover bottles back to the office with my three co-workers after the show. One girl went home, but me and the other two girls decided to have our own bottle before heading out to dinner and the after party. We then proceeded to have a bottle of wine with dinner, then went to the after party at Double Seven--I was pretty drunk at this point. This is where my infamous picture with Mischa Barton occurred. I only had one drink at the after party; we weren't there long since we all had to be at work in the morning. All in all, a great night, the girls I went with were a lot of fun!

This weekend we ended up in Meatpacking on Friday again. I swear, we aren't club whores, people just call us and tell us they can get us in and we can drink for free! We can't say no! This time we were there b/c of Justin's sister's friend who had a table/bottles. Again, the drunk dancing, the going home early. I think I am all clubbed out for a while. Or, I just need to stop drinking the vodka--easier said than done b/c it is free, whereas a beer may not be...

Anyway, Saturday Court, Justin, Chris and I had lunch then went to Court's office with Justin's mom, dad and sister. (His parents were visiting.) Her office has a badass view of the city; all were impressed. We shopped for a while, then I had to come back home and get ready for this fashion show in Brooklyn. This was not a fashion week show, it was basically a show for a store. My friend Brooke from work was modeling in the show as a favor to the store owner. My other friend from work, Jess, and I decided to go see Brooke...and mooch off of the open bar. We managed to get to Brooklyn and the show without getting lost, and had a good time. We met some guys at the show, who we ended up going to a bar with afterwards. A few other girls from the show came as well, and we all sat around, drank and ate french fries. Around 1 we decide to cab it back to Manhattan and go to this girl Brandy's house in the LES. I was planning on meeting up with Justin and Court, but Court wasn't having fun at the MisShapes party they were at and ended up meeting up with her cousin. So Jess and I stayed at this very random apartment party, eating Doritos and drinking beer. At one point we all discovered that we all only knew one other person there, and had all just met at the fashion show. What a NYC thing to happen! Around 3.30 Jess and I headed back to our respective apartments and called it a night. I never really got drunk due to the fact that I was eating along with the drinking--and I was drinking the beer slowly b/c it was gross beer. Beggers can't be choosers, I guess.

Rachel Rosen is coming to NYC this Wed! I am so excited! She's staying in Queens that night, but will be staying with us after that. Thursday through Sunday will probably be very drunk and fat days. Which is half the reason I went to the gym today--a Sunday. The other reason is b/c I wasn't hungover. Crazy what not getting belligerant can lead to!

Til next week....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home