Wednesday, August 09, 2006

rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous. not really.

So I was sick most of last week. I was OK Monday and got my workout for the whole week (I was so bad!) at yoga. I got sick Tues, but sucked it up and went to dinner with Court, Liz and Sheri that night. I sucked it up again Wed and went to wine class after work--which is really fun and interesting--and felt, I think, the worst on Thurs. I then stayed in both Thurs and Friday night! The Friday part is especially shocking, I know. It was nice, though, I got to catch up on sleep, and woke up early Saturday to go lay out with Sheri at the Holiday Inn.

What?

Yea, I know, random. First of all, no one was really into the whole Hurrican Harbor water park idea except for Merna and I--who were both sick all week. So we blew that off. Sheri and I researched hotel pools that you can go lay out at--for a price. The Holiday Inn was $50 so we decided we better make it a full day and get our money's worth. We were there from 12-5:30. We got tan; it was awesome...except for the odd crowd. We felt like we were in Florida--at an old folks' home. 75% of the people there were elderly, leather-skinned and way too tan. They should not have been in the sun! Or in bathing suits. It made us feel hotter, though, so whatever.

Saturday Cindy (from our sorority/college--who is married now) came in town and was staying with Sheri and Merna. The four of us went to dinner in the West Village. Citysearch misinformed us and told us the retaurant was BYOB, so we brought our own wine, only to find out it no longer was BYOB. Luckily the host was young, and he let us get away with having our classy Trader Joe's wine (a grocery store's wine brand) and some random $8 riesling I found. It was pretty embarrassing/awesome. While waiting for our table, Maggie Gyllenhaal walked by us. This is the second time I have seen her since living here! Then, while seated (it was a sidewalk cafe), we saw Jeremy Sisto (aka Elton from "Clueless"). When he walked by I nudged Merna and whispered, "He's famous, he's famous," because I couldn't quite picture who he was...but he is cute in real life.

After dinner we went to the Gansevoort--thus being my third weekend here in a row. Why we (I) get stuck on going to the same places is beyond me, it's not even on purpose. We hung out upstairs for a bit, then decided to show Cindy a NYC night club--since Aer, another staple place, was across the street. We went to Aer and this is the point where I get really drunk--again I failed to switch to beer. We then return to the Gansevoort and head downstairs to G Spa, the tiny little club area. I was sitting next to some guy who is pretty cute, chatting it up, telling him how this was my third time there in three weekends. I mentioned the first time I came and that I was with my friend from the Astros--this leads to him telling me that he plays professional sports as well. I asked for whom, he told me the Knicks. No shit! I was like, sorry, I don't really know anything about the Knicks... Anyway, his name was David Lee and he is my age. He was nice, I stole his drink, then he got distraced by flirty girls and I wasn't up to vying for his attention so I kind of zoned out. Also I was really drunk. I remember him asking why I was being so quiet, and at some point kissing my forehead, but it is all a little fuzzy. All in all, it was a pretty impressive evening, at least celeb-wise.

Speaking of celebs, NY Magazine just came out with a celeb map, which I had fun clicking around for about an hour...go at it if you are bored:
Celeb Stalking

When I got home and told Court, Becky and Justin (who had ventured to Brooklyn for the night) about my shoulder-rubbing, Courtney mentioned that her friend Cesar (who she sort of dated last winter) is friends with David Lee. What a small world! I do remember David saying he went to UF--as did Cesar, so it makes sense. Maybe we will rub shoulders again. Or something else. Kidding, kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home