Tuesday, March 27, 2007

just hanging with celebs and having sleepovers

It's been a fun three weeks. My cousin and his friend came in town in early March. I went to the UN with them (my one touristy thing for a while) and we went to a really good BYOB Turkish place for dinner, where we all got really drunk before meeting my friends out in Nolita. Apparently Laura was just as wasted as I ended up, but neither of us noticed the other one being that wasted - go figure. Well, I ended up leaving (without my cousin) with Abby, this girl Lucy's roomate, who lives in Queens - it is on her way to drop me off. I specifically remember (and that is saying a lot - I don't remember much else) giving her $10 for the cab... Somehow I proceeded to leave my wallet in the cab as well. However, I didn't notice til later. I got home, called my cousin and made them come back to drunk eat at the diner across the street. By this time it was around 5am, and after eating amazing choc chip pancakes (thanks to my roomate for recommending) I noticed my wallet was gone! Just then I got a text saying that Abby had it. Talk about timing.

So the next day, after lunch with my cuz (thank God they could buy my food again) I met up with Katie, who had just left Queens and was back in the city - with my wallet. As soon as I got it, I noticed my credit card was gone! Ofcourse. I barely recalled buying a drink (gasp). I knew we had started off at Pravda, but wasn't sure of the name of the Irish Bar across the street where we spent most of the night. I looked at my online bank statement and saw my one $7 charge at "Puck Fair." I called, they had it, I went downtown and got it. It was a day spent cleaning up the drunken mess from the night before - but I got lucky and it all worked out. Oh, and I think my cousin had a good time, too.

I was in Houston for St. Patty's weekend (Wed night - Sun). I loved hanging out with Buster, my pup, all day Thurs - we went running and laid out. Friday I went to Target, which makes me super happy, then went out with Fran that night--she was in town from Baton Rouge. Nothing special, just went to midtown and met up with the guys, I had to drive so we didn't go too wild. Saturday Sheri and Merna drove in from Austin and we went bridesmaid dress shopping at the Galleria. Though unsuccessful, we had fun. We met Kristin for dinner at La Madeleine (of course) and went to Griff's that night. Needless to say it ended up being a drunken mess of a night, I got to see Jess and Jeremy and Bryan and lots of people. Rob drove us around and we ended up back at Tipsy Clover, as usual. It was fun and really good to see people that I hadn't seen in a while. Sunday I hung out with Buster--he makes me sad to leave. And, when I got back, it had just snowed all weekend, so was still really cold. Yick.

Last weekend I stayed in on a Fri - shocking, I know. I had to write a story for class, which was overdue, and I was dead tired. Saturday I was uber-productive and even went to my NEW gym - a really nice one that I get to go to through a work discount. I am about to become super gym girl like I used to be - my foot is better too! Anyway, Sat night a bunch of us girls went to Joss Stone's album release party. Now, I had gotten the email, but never thought she would be there. She was, along with Sean William Scott (aka, Stiffler), who is kind of hot. Somehow the girls left, and Court and I ended up in a cab, aimlessly heading downtown. When we passed by McFadden's, she suggested we go. I was texting Dan (law intern boy) and told him to meet us there. (Oh yea, we went on another date this week too.) He and his friend met up with us, we danced and acted fratastic, as you have to do at McFadden's. Then I took him home. Dan said I was lying in my bed yelling, "Just twist! Just twist!" Speaking about the doorknob to open my door, when in fact there are actually not one but two deadbolts...oops. Needless to say, since I had been drinking, I just passed out, but we hung out all day Sunday - we ordered food and watched DVR. It was fun, we will see...

Anyway, I am going to LA Fri for work and am really excited. It's not freezing here anymore but I still want to be on the beach! I am also staying an extra night (Sun) with Jenna, so that will be even more fun. Be jealous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home